Parents have a significant role on supporting their children’s career. Normally, parents take the initial step providing the information about their children’s career. They give advice and guide to their children. The attitude of parents may have strong impact on career development of their child. It is their attitudes which help children to manage a successful career in life. Parents must have positive outlook. Parents should give the company to their children in the way of their journey.
They help children to give them information about themselves and the world around. After many observations and studies it is clear that there are 2 central influences which connect to improve their career.
- The friendly and close relation between children and their parents give the sense of safety required for taking risk and exploration.
- The early experiences of children’s make a foundation for their way of life.
Many researchers believe that parents are the career coach of a child. They help their children to adopt things accordingly.
- They should help their children finding the right and perfect career for them. They should not tell their children about what should be done with their lives.
- Parents can make many chances for research, experimentation and usual childhood experience. Parents must not force or expect decision too early.
- They should work on helping their children to enlarge their choices and keeping the doors of chances. They must help children pull down artificial barriers or limits.
- Since parents are aware of each minute character as well as capability of their child, they must have even read them in a psychological manner.
- The level of their aptitude as well as knowledge is quite known by the parents. The career of the child would also be decided by the family traditions in which he or she belongs.
- Parents have a great role in judging their friends circle as well as the people who are having around them. After the proper guidance of parents, children would always think about the role of parents in making them so much successful.
Some lists are provided related to career which is taken its birth at home.
Values and beliefs
- They should tell children to keep belief on their abilities.
- They should give the scope to their children thinking independently.
- Self-confidence is a major factor to become successful.
- The realization how one's own acts decide rewards
Attitudes and behaviors
- Parents must appreciate the work and dignity of their children.
- Parents should provide the awareness of gender, culture, race and ethnicity.
- They must tell about the feelings of accepting and understanding the differences of ability and talents among people.
- They should teach how to become prompt, reliable and responsible.
- They should be known about the roles of learning and education.
Perception of the adult world
- Children must learn how to communicate with a person.
- They must have decision making ability.
- They should be logical.
- Role of Adults (includes family member, consumer, learner, individual, producer and citizen).
- Thoughtful on work and exact occupations
- Association of education to future alternatives
So, parents! You can understand that your activities are very crucial for the future of children.